Monday, April 13, 2009

still dry

I am happy to report that we haven't had to evacuate and we hope we won't have to in the coming weeks. Unfortunately, almost all roads leading out of town are flooded and all that keeps that freezing cold water out of our town are dikes and a levy. I pray daily that they stay strong cause swimming in water this cold just isn't an option.

Here is a picture of my town from the air. I put a little purple dot around where my home is on the map. This was taken on the 8th of April so I am guessing it's gotten a little worse since. Just about all that water shouldn't be there (we don't have any lakes around here just two rivers).

click on picture to enlarge it

We are at 52.3 ft as of this morning and seems to stay around that number. Our flood stage is at 42 ft and our major flood stage is 52 ft. If we get close to 53 ft. my family will be leaving. Sorry for all the flood posts but it seems to be the topic of most discussions these days and it's hard to think about much else.

No comments: