Sunday, February 7, 2010

the monster room

If you have been following my blog for some time you will remember my son's monster room from this previous post.  If not, go check out the before pictures of his room.  It's hard to believe this is the same house we bought sometimes because we have done so much painting and personalizing to it.

So here's a refresher for you.  Here is my 5 year old son's monster themed room.

I tried to focus more on the colors from the comforter than the monsters because as we all know, kids will grow out of themes fast. 

I have been working on his room since we moved in and it's still a work in progress. I recently added these cool star lights up behind his bed.  They are from Ikea and are great night lights.  I put them on a timer so he can read with his flashlight and those star lights at night before he falls asleep.  I have been thinking about making a fabric headboard for his room as well.  They look pretty easy to make but I have to find the perfect fabric.  Navy blue, maybe?  Hmmm...Any suggestions?

I also bought a really cool lamp, some shelves, a mirror, and a magnetic board for his room when we went to Ikea but they are all waiting patiently for my dear husband to put them up.  Our walls are plaster which is a pain to nail/ screw into so my husband asks that he does it so it's done right.  And to be honest I don't want anything falling on my kids' heads so I like my husband to put those things up. 

Once I get that stuff up I'll take some new pictures to share.  I am tempted to paint the trim in his room along with his closet doors white (like we did in our room and the kitchen, what's with all the wood trim?) but that will have to wait until it's warm enough for me to open the windows to paint them.  That should hopefully be in a couple of months.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love North Dakota winters?

No comments: