Sunday, July 10, 2011
3/4 cup white sugar (plus a little extra for sweetening the crust)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (I often just buy a double pie crust from the store's refrigerated bread area)
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
4. Brush top if crust with a little water and sprinkle some sugar evenly over pie crust.
5. Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning
6. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.