Tuesday, July 22, 2008

organize me...please

Everything is moving along pretty smoothly with our big move. I have managed to sell just about every piece of furniture we don't want to move. I have also bought a lot of new furniture and as of now we just need a few more things. We need an entertainment center. I am really leaning towards a large console that has doors to go under the tv. I just need something to hold the dvd player, cable box, and then something to hide all our dvds. I am thinking something like this:

This baby holds 212 dvds! The only thing I am not crazy about is the color but I do like the legs.
And then I need to pick up some sort of storage system for our playroom/ craft room. I should probably wait until I can see the rooms but right now I am trying to narrow down what I like. I am thinking something along the lines of the cubed storage.

I like the little cubes that you can pull out. It looks like cleaning and sorting would be easier with a system like this. The main issue I have with this is that my husband and I can't agree on the color of the storage unit. I want white or a light oak (to match the train table that will be in the playroom) and my husband wants a dark brown/black color to match...oh, wait it matches nothing in that room.

We are hoping to head to Ikea soon and maybe we'll get lucky there and find the perfect solution that we can both agree on.

No comments: