Monday, September 8, 2008

New Mexico...

was our first stop or state.
New Mexico is known as the road kill state in our family after our trip. I have never seen so many poor ran over animals in all my life as I did in New Mexico. To be fair though, the road kill eased up after we hit Albuquerque. From the moment we entered the state we saw little Indian shops promising authentic Kachina dolls, petrified rock (which we decided we would check out), and the opportunity to feed ostrich (not a fan of birds). The most amazing thing for me in New Mexico was the red rock in the mountains.

We stayed the night in Albuquerque. The weather was nice and it’s a good sized town with lots of shopping and restaurants. We ate dinner at TGI Fridays and headed back to the hotel for a freezing cold swim (my son swam as we watched). We went to bed early for yet another day of driving bright and early. Luckily for us we had all the amenities.

No comments: