I love Pottery Barn as much as the next gal but if I can make a similar product they carry for 90% less, I'm gonna do it.
I love filling vases with leaves, acorns, ornaments, and well, just about anything really.
These vases from Pottery Barn linked HERE retail for $39-$59 each plus shipping. I found another way of making them for about $3 a piece.
Here's how I did it.
- Go to the dollar store or thrift shop and pick up a glass vase (cups work too) and a glass candle stick
- Next go to the craft store (or Wal-Mart) and pick up glass and China glue
- Make sure bottom of glass vase/cup is clean and dry (follow your glue's directions for best results)
- Apply glue to candle stick top (I probably use more than really needed)
- Apply pressure and push the vase/cup to the top of the candle stick
- let dry
- fill your new vase with whatever you want
This vase and candle stick was purchased at the Dollar Tree for $2 total.