Tuesday, December 14, 2010

moodboard

I love moodboards.  It's great to see a collection of items all together to give you an idea of what your final room will look like.  So I attempted to make one for our guest bathroom that we are remodeling in the coming months.
I won the bath sign from House of Smith's.

We went with natural colors.  It's easy to add pops of color with accessories that way.  I can change things up easily.

The stencil on the left is just to give you an idea of the design.  I may or may not stencil on the walls above the beadboard.  I'm still unsure if the stencil will make the room look too busy so we'll decide on that once everything is in.

Here's another look with a similar stencil.
We've bought just about everything.  The only items left to buy aside from building materials are the mirror and a few other items.  We will be framing a mirror ourselves so it'll look like this:
I also need to buy some shelving and artwork to add some color.  Here are a couple of things that caugt my eye so far.  All courtesy of Pier 1.

This one is definitely a favorite and will most likely be coming home with me.

 Oh, and I also need a shower curtain. I'm leaning towards making my own or going with a classic white waffle curtain like this one.  I like the simplicity of it and that it comes in an extra long length so that I can hang it higher.


Well, that's all I have for now but it's definitely a start, right?

No comments: