Wednesday, May 2, 2007

accepting the heat



I think I am finally starting to accept the horrible heat here. Every year I complain and ask my hubby if we can move and then it passes and we repeat it again the following summer.

I grew up in southern California, moved to Tucson, Arizona, and then to Yuma, Arizona. It just keeps getting hotter as I go. I was told that Yuma is the hottest place in the U.S. year round and I believe it.

So this time around I have decided to embrace the heat and make the best of it (so far). We have broke 100 degrees already. So now we are getting outside, playing in the water, working on my tan, and just enjoying it before it gets hotter.

My son loves the summer weather and I can see why. He gets to go swimming, play outside in his blow up pool (see pic), pool parties, trips to water parks, and chase down the ice cream truck. What's not to love about that when you are 2.5 years old?

No comments: