- 2 cans of gold mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 1 lb. of cubed stew meat (or whatever cut you have)
- 4 oz. of cream cheese
- 6 oz. of sliced mushrooms (or around that much)
- a bag of extra wide egg noodles
- In a slow cooker, combine the meat, soup, onion mix, Worcestershire sauce and water.
- Cook on Low setting for 5-6 hours.
- add the mushrooms about an hour or less before serving
- Boil egg noodles and stir in cream cheese just before serving
- Serve over wide egg noodles
If you must have sour cream on your stroganoff then by all means add it on right before you eat but it isn't necessary in this dish.