Wednesday, November 26, 2008

so thankful


I am truly blessed with so much. I have a smart and handsome little boy who lights up my day and a husband who reminds me every day how much he loves me. We have family members who call us daily and come out to North Dakota and freeze just to see us.

Today I was complaining about a full trash can to my husband which is a reoccurring event in my home. Later in the day I sat down to check my e-mail and saw a message from a good friend whose husband is currently in Iraq...again. So far he has missed the birth of his son, missed birthdays, holidays, and I am sure much more. I kinda felt like a huge butt for complaining about the trash after thinking about my friend's situation. I am so lucky to have my husband here to complain to and for that I am truly thankful.

Please have a Happy Thanksgiving and take the time to be thankful for all your blessings (even that full trash can).

Thank you to all our troops serving and spending time away from those you love. You are appreciated and remembered.

No comments: