Wednesday, October 20, 2010

our arizona vacation

We recently got home from a fantastic trip to Arizona.  We try to make a trip out every year in the winter to enjoy their nice weather but this year we made different plans.  My 10 year high school reunion was this October and after much debate I decided I wanted to go.  It was fun seeing old friends and I was surprised by how many people were exactly the same. 

I guess some things never change, huh?

Here I am with some good friends.
We also went to Apple Annie's Orchard in Wilcox, AZ.  We took my son a few times when he was a toddler and it was fun so we went again and everyone had a good time.  Here I am with my husband and little girl.
When we moved to North Dakota we had to leave our Sulcata tortoise behind.  We left her in good hands though.  She now resides in my in-law's backyard where she is spoiled daily with a wide variety of veggies.  She has gotten so big. 

 My son is 6 years old if that gives you an idea of how big she is.  And she's still growing.

We had a great trip and we loved spending time with our families.  I also loved all the shopping.  I have been deprived of great shopping here in the sticks (a.k.a. where I live).  My new favorite store is definitely H & M.  They have a ton of super cute yet affordable clothes.  Although I'm not a fan of the men's or boy's section.

When we left Arizona the temp was in the 80's and when we arrived in  North Dakota it was in the 40's.  As much as we loved the warm flip flop weather it's nice to be home and experience the fall season.  After living here I don't know if I could ever live anywhere without a true fall season.  I love it! 

Now don't get me started on winter though.

No comments: