Monday, February 14, 2011

happy valentine's day!

As much as I love decorating for the different holidays I don't really go all out for them when it comes to gifts.  We usually give the kids something small and then make something for eachother or do something together as a family.  We try not to get caught up in the materialistic aspect of these holidays.

My gift from my husband today is a fabulous homemade dinner.  I'm so excited.  And we are gonna surprise the kids with some chocolate fondue for dessert.  Yummmm....

Am I making you hungry? 
Sorry.

Another fun thing we like to do it make Valentine's Cards.
I saw this cute idea for valentine's day cards last year and my son LOVED it so we created them this year. 

Aren't they cute?
Unfortunately, my son is home sick today and is totally bummed about missing the Valentine's Day party at school.  Poor kid.  Luckily, his awesome dad stopped by school this morning to drop off his cards and arranged a time and pick up all his Valentine cards from his classmates.

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

No comments: