Saturday, October 22, 2011

as if I have the time

I'll start this post off with a cute baby picture.
It's weird to say that he's now almost 8 weeks old.  Weird because it seems like we just brought him home but at the same time it's like he's always been a part of our family.  Does that make sense?

I am extremely busy these days with my three kiddos and feel like I spend all most of my time changing diapers and nursing the baby.  I keep reminding myself that soon enough he will be older and I will sleep again and hopefully have some time to do something other than change all these diapers.  After explaining how busy I am these days it's gonna sound crazy for me to now mention that I want to update our kitchen/dining area.

You see it all started when we bought this new dishwasher.

pretty, huh?

Our old dishwasher was on it's way out and when this dishwasher went on sale a couple weeks back we took it as a sign and jumped on the deal.  I'm excited to say we have now replaced all the appliances in this house.

Ok. so back to my never ending story...
 Getting a new dishwasher had me thinking it was time to start  thinking about finally updating our kitchen.  I wish I had a current picture handy of our kitchen but I have a sleeping baby in my arms and won't be getting up anytime soon.  Nothing super major but just some fresh updates to make it ours.  I was thinking some new paint on the cabinets, new lighting, some curtains, new dining chairs, and maybe a new countertop.  And then I came across this picture.



And I heard angels singing. 
Ok, there were no angels but I fell in love with this kitchen from the blog the lettered cottage.  I love so much about it that I don't want to waste your time breaking it all down.  I shared it with my husband and he didn't object loved it too so it looks like we are gonna use this picture as our motivation for some of our kitchen updates.  There are a few things I'd change so that the kitchen flows more with the rest of the house though.  Probably use some darker colors that match our rung under our dining table giving the kitchen a warmer feeling.

So there you have it.  My post about a beautiful kitchen update that I may never have time for but enjoy dreaming about anyways.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I just wanted to let you know that i am now offering my "Daily Bread" & "Our House" prints available for purchase in my new ETSY shop along with other new pieces! You entered my giveaway this summer and I thought I'd let you know about my shop!

I hope you have a minute to stop by! It's not too late to order Christmas gifts! Orders made by 12/16 will be delivered before Christmas :)

Happy Holidays,
Amelia
brightsides designs