Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We are at it again

We bought this home when I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter.  She is now 2 years old.  In about three years we have managed to make over a dozen updates to our home and continue to work on it weekly.  As rewarding as it may be sometimes it feels like we will never stop working on our home.  Not to mention that having 3 children makes it hard to get much done around here but we do what we can, when we can.  Our last big project was the main bathroom in our home.  You can read about that here.

The truth of the matter is that we actually really enjoy (most of the time) remodeling our home and making it "ours".  A few months back we talked about making some updates to our kitchen but then as usual we got very busy and it was put off.  It wasn't until we had a dishwasher leak that required all new flooring that we realized that NOW is the time to work on the kitchen.

Cue....our next project.  The kitchen.

I'm gonna attempt to blog about the whole process.  I can't make any promises but this is my goal.  I'm often asked how we did something when it comes to remodeling and I find that many people think many simple projects are 'too big' or 'too hard' for them to do themselves so they put it off unti they have the money to pay someone and then it often doesn't get done, right?  Been there.  But have no fear.  If we can do it, so can you.

So let's get started.  Here is our kitchen before we moved in.  The previous owners' style was a little out of date for me but they kept a very tidy and clean kitchen.  Very impressive.

Here are two more views.



And here is our kitchen now.  As you can see we have already started some work (like removing some end caps at the end of the counter).  We also replaced all of the appliances.  I wish my counters were as clean as the previous homeowners. (sigh)

So there you have it.  The beginning of our kitchen remodel.

No comments: