Thursday, April 29, 2010

remember my must make list for 2010?

If not, you can read all about it here.  We (my husband and I) have been working hard and building items from this list.  My goal is to have them all done by the end of the year.  So far, I'm about half way done.

One of the items on my list was this headboard from Living with Lindsey:
She made it using a door and we just so happened to have an extra door laying around so I took that as a sign.  Here is our new headboard:
See the 9 piece square wall art on the side wall?  That was also on my must make list.  I bought the ladder shelf for $20 on sale locally and painted it black.  It's pine and so it's hopefully gonna withstand my children hold up over time.  I got the mirrors at Target for a whopping $5 each and used 3 because it's a decoring must that I learned on HGTV.  And the curtains are the ever so popular drop cloth curtains.  Yes, I bought a $10 drop cloth and cut it in two and make a set of curtains out of it.  We also made the headboard out of it.

My hubby did a fantastic job on the molding, didn't he?  Our room is almost completed.  We are considering changing the paint color or adding an accent paint color for the wall behind our bed but we haven't found a color we love for that yet.  I do love the light and airy color in the room now but think we need something to 'pop' a little.  You know, a little extra color. 

I love my new headboard and how it ties the whole room together.  And the best part is that it cost us under $30.

No comments: