Sunday, July 11, 2010

great chair makeover-part 2

A few weeks back I posted {here} about this chair.

A quick recap for those of you who didn't read that post.  I bought the chair at our city-wide rummage sale for $1.50. 

Good deal, huh?
 
I reupholstered it using some Michale Miller laminated damask print cotton that I just so happened to have on hand.  I chose to use the laminated cotton because I have little messy hands in my home and it'll be easy to wipe clean.  I also used some left over spray paint from a previous project so this whole makeover really only cost me only $1.50.
So much nicer!  You'd never know this baby cost me $1.50!

Nevermind the partially painted wood baseboards.  We're in the process of replacing them!

Visit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

Staci J said...

Wow!! That looks amazing!! I'm so impressed with the $1.50 chair!!
Visiting from justsewsassy.com

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

That turned out perfectly! And for a great price!! :) You did a wonderful job!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

I love the fabric you used! And man, you can't beat $1.50!!

Mandy [Mandy's Yellow Corner] said...

This is fabulous! I've been wanted to reupholster something, but I'm too scared to!
Love the damask.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You sure wouldn't know it cost $1.50!! It looks fantastic. Love your fabric choice. :) Visiting from The CSI Project today. :)

Lori Nitty Gritty Pretty said...

Beautiful! I will have to investigate working with laminated cotton. Your chair looks fabulous.

Coley said...

Love the fabric. Great job. :)

Jessica said...

I love damask, and the fact it's laminated is even better. Great deal.

Julie said...

That is just adorable!

Rhiannon said...

WOW looks great! For a $1.50 what a deal!

im having a giveaway come check it out!

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Great job!

Kami @ Everyday Heaven said...

It doesn't even look like the same chair, way to go.

Lacy said...

Thank you all for your comments. I love my new chair and it was much easier than I thought it would be to reupholster it.

Ronda Batchelor said...

Love the chair, especially the fabric you chose. Thanks for the comment. Hope you enjoy your baccon.
Ronda

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Oh my gosh, you would never know you got that chair for a $1.50. It looks so good!

thriftytickle said...

You did a beautiful job! Please come by and link up toVintage Suitcase Friday!

sweet european dreams said...

LOVE this re-do and I REALLY wish I lived in an area that had rummage sales with $1.50 prices!!! Very fun!